Lisa has been craving chocolate chip cookies and finally I gave in and made these yummy cookies! Seriously, they are so good. It is the BEST chocolate chip cookie ever.
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Beat the butter until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and sugar, mix until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom to make sure everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add slowly into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- The cookie dough will be thick. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Cover the dough and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. You need to make sure to chill the batter because it will make all the difference.
- Remove the dough and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with a non stick spray.
- The dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together if you work the dough with your hands as you into balls. Roll balls of dough into 1 Tablespoon size. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until barely golden brown around the edges.
- They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet.