Super Soft And Full Of Cinnamon – This Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe Is Sure To Be A Hit!
I seriously can not make enough cookies to keep my family happy. Lisa would love it if I would only make chocolate chip cookies every time but after a while that gets old!
Even if chocolate chip cookies are your all-time favorite. Sometimes the old-time favorites are the very best. I realized that I have never made snickerdoodle cookies for Lisa.
She gave them two thumbs up and the cookies were gone by the end of the night!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons sugar
2 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs, mix creamy and completely combined.
- Mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and stir into the butter mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 3 Tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon.
- Shape the dough into balls and roll each one in the cinnamon-sugar. Place the balls on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges of the cookies, are set but the centers are still soft.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks.