Delicious Peach Cake
Sunday is the day we love to get together and try new things! I had a few fresh peaches that on their way out and so I needed to find a way to use them. I have never tried to make peach cake before but I must say, it is extremely delicious!
So moist and full of flavor. Your family will love you!
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 fresh peaches, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces, pat dry with a paper towel
1 stick of butter, softened
1/4 cup whipping cream
3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl, mix well.
- Combine the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Stir in the chopped peaches. Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about hour and 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely. It will take about an hour.
- Frosting: Beat the butter, cream and vanilla in a bowl, using a hand mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until light and creamy. You can add a teaspoon of water, one at a time, if the frosting is too thick.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake.