Andie’s drama class just finished the end of the year with their final play and celebrated with a cast party! Of course, my sweet daughter wanted something special. I have made these little darlings several times through the years but I usually make them with cake pops, and I wanted to try something new! This is so simple but messy! It’s definitely worth the mess.
Andie text me from school to tell me “thank you and that everyone loved them”, which is a big deal coming from a 15 year old!
24 donut holes
24 sugar cones
1 to 2 bags of mini M&M’s
Wilton Candy Melts
24 sour cherry candies
- Pour M & M’s , sprinkles and sour cherry candies into separate bowls.
- Find a box that you can cut holes into, so your ice cream cones will have somewhere to set up.
- Fill cones with M&M’s and then gently press donut hole into the top of the cone.
- Place cones on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This will help your chocolate set up faster on the cone, and will be easier to work with.
- Pour Wilton Candy Melts into a microwave safe bowl, and place into the microwave. Cook the melts for about 1 minute, stir and repeat step until the candy is melted. Please be careful because if you over cook it the candy will harden and you won’t be able to use it.
- Remove cones from freezer. Dip cones into the candy melt and twirl it around until chocolate sets up a little. Remember, the chocolate doesn’t need to be perfect. It looks really cute to have a little chocolate dripping down, like a “real” ice cream cone.
- Sprinkle cones with the sprinkles and top off with the sour cherry candies. If you want the chocolate to set up faster, put it in the freezer for a few minutes.
Now they have two treats in one! When they bite into the cone, they will find out that the cone is filled with M&M’s. How Fun!