No Drip Ice Cream Cones
No Drip Ice Cream Cones! These little gems would be perfect for any party!
Andie’s drama class just finished the end of the year with their final play and celebrated with a cast party! Of course, my sweet daughter wanted something special.
I have made these little darlings several times through the years but I usually make them with cake pops, and I wanted to try something new! This is so simple but messy! It’s definitely worth the mess.
Andie text me from school to tell me “thank you and that everyone loved them”, which is a big deal coming from a 15 year old!
No Drip Ice Cream Cones
24 donut holes
24 sugar cones
1 to 2 bags of mini M&M’s
Wilton Candy Melts
24 sour cherry candies
No Drip Ice Cream Cones
- Pour M & M’s , sprinkles and sour cherry candies into separate bowls.
- Find a box that you can cut holes into, so your ice cream cones will have somewhere to set up.
- Fill cones with M&M’s and then gently press donut hole into the top of the cone.
- Place cones on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This will help your chocolate set up faster on the cone, and will be easier to work with.
- Pour Wilton Candy Melts into a microwave safe bowl, and place into the microwave. Cook the melts for about 1 minute, stir and repeat step until the candy is melted. Please be careful because if you over cook it the candy will harden and you won’t be able to use it.
- Remove cones from freezer. Dip cones into the candy melt and twirl it around until chocolate sets up a little. Remember, the chocolate doesn’t need to be perfect. It looks really cute to have a little chocolate dripping down, like a “real” ice cream cone.
- Sprinkle cones with the sprinkles and top off with the sour cherry candies. If you want the chocolate to set up faster, put it in the freezer for a few minutes.
Now they have two treats in one! When they bite into the cone, they will find out that the cone is filled with M&M’s. How Fun!
23 thoughts on “Easy No Drip Ice Cream Cones”
What a totally cute idea. I love this! Candy melts come in so many different colors you can totally customize these. Thank you for linking up at Party in Your PJs.
Hi Kimberly….I totally forgot to let you know that your No Drip Ice Cream Cones were one of my features at Party in Your PJs Link Party this week (link party host fail), you can see it here http://www.thecookiepuzzle.com/2014/05/party-in-your-pjs-5.html
Thank you for linking up and I hope to see you at the party again.
Thank you for sharing at our Simple Supper Tuesday Linky Party! You have been featured at Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog!! Nettie
Visiting from the Make it Pretty Monday link up. Love your post! What a cute idea:D
I love this idea! How fun! It's being featured at this week's link party! http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2014/06/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-94.html
This is such a cute idea! Thanks so much for linking up to our first "Enchanting Inspiration" link up party! We hope to see you next Wed. with more of your amazing-ness! 😉
What a FANTASTIC idea!! I'm pinning this!
Thanks for stopping by again and linking up with my weekend blog party! Good to have you :))
This rocks Ladies!!! Congrats! Your fantastic cones are being featured this week on Munching Mondays! Can't wait to see you and please spread the great news 🙂 xo Nic
Cute!!! I love this.
So cute and different. These would be adorable for a birthday party.
What a fun idea, my granddaughter would absolutely love these! Thank you for sharing your post on the HomeAcre Hop, please come back again tomorrow! – Nancy
The HomeAcre Hop
This is such a new and fun idea, Kimberly! Love it!! Thank you bunches for linking up and partying with us! Pinning this!
How coolio!! Awesome idea 😉 Pinning it!
Thanks for sharing!
Oh my! What a fantastic idea!
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!
looks so pretty too!
These are so cute!!
Yum! What a great idea! Thanks for stopping by Love in the Kitchen and sharing. Look forward to seeing what you bring next week!
This is such a cute idea! I can't wait to make these for my grandkids. Thanks for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party. Hope you join us again tomorrow.
Glenna @ My Paper Craze
What a cute idea! I love the "surprise" on the inside. This is certainly a kid-pleaser!
Thanks for sharing at Wake Up Wednesday!
These are adorbs! I may have to make these for work sometime. They're too cute! Thank you for linking up with #WakeUpWednesdayLinky Stop by this Wednesday to see if you've been featured.
You are a genius! I love these! I'm pinning. How cute are they.
These are so cool! Thanks so much for sharing at Totally Terrific Tuesday! I hope you stop by to link up with us again this week. Remember the party starts tonight at 10pm!
Christie ~ Sparkles of Sunshine
Genius! These are too cute too. I'm pinning!