Deliciously sweet Loaded Funfetti Popcorn covered in a mixture of white chocolate, funfetti cake mix and sprinkles. The easiest and yummiest treat you will ever make in just 5 minutes!
I had a house full of munchkins the other day and of course, we needed a magical treat!!!
It’s a fun treat that reminds me of spring and has fabulous Easter flare but honestly, this is great for any time of the year. Two thumbs up from my crowd, and I hope it pleases your house as well.
2 bags of microwave popcorn
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix
1/3 cup sprinkles
1 cup M&M’s (right now, Easter colors)
1 to 1 1/2 cups of pretzels
- Pop the popcorn, and then pour popcorn into a large mixing bowl. Make sure to remove all the unpopped kernels from the bowl. Add the pretzels and M&M’s.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, in 30-second intervals and stirring between every 30 seconds until it’s fully melted. Make sure not to overcook because the chocolate will seize.
- Stir in the vegetable oil into the melted chocolate until smooth. Then add the cake mix to the chocolate, and mix until it becomes thick and blended.
- Drizzle the cake batter mixture over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn until it is evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and add the sprinkles evenly.
- Let popcorn harden for about 30 minutes.