I had a house full of munchkins the other day and of course, we needed a magical treat!!! It’s a fun treat that reminds me of spring and has fabulous Easter flare but honestly, this is great for anytime of the year. Two thumbs up from my crowd, and I hope it pleases your house as well.
2 bags of microwave popcorn
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix
1/3 cup sprinkles
1 cup M&M’s (right now, Easter colors)
1 to 1 1/2 cups of pretzels
- Pop the popcorn, and then pour popcorn into a large mixing bowl. Make sure to remove all the unpopped kernels from the bowl. Add the pretzels and M&M’s.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, in 30 second intervals and stirring between each 30 seconds until it’s fully melted. Make sure not to overcook because the chocolate will seize.
- Stir in the vegetable oil into the melted chocolate until smooth. Then add the cake mix to the chocolate, and mix until it becomes thick and blended.
- Drizzle the cake batter mixture over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn until it is evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and add the sprinkles evenly.
- Let popcorn harden for about 30 minutes.