Deluxe Coconut Cupcakes
Deluxe coconut cupcakes topped with buttercream cheese frosting and toasted shredded coconut.
I was trying to think of desserts for Easter and I kept seeing all these cute recipes with coconut as little birds nests. So I decided that I was going to make a Coconut cupcake and sprinkle Cadbury eggs on top and this would be my bird’s nest.
By the time I was finished I couldn’t put an egg on top of one of these cupcakes, they looked too delicious! Oh, by the way, they are super delicious!
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 can sweeten condensed milk
1 yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pans with liners.
- In a bowl, stir together 1 cup toasted coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, coconut milk, oil, and eggs. Divide the batter evenly in the cupcake pans ( about 2/3 full). Scoop 1 Tablespoon of the sweetened condensed milk mixture on the top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the cupcake springs back when touched. Cool completely before you frost.
- Frosting: Combine butter, vanilla, and lemon juice, until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top!!
To toast coconut; place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees. Stir it a couple of times and be patient, it will get brown!