Who says that grilled cheese sandwiches have to be JUST savory. Here’s a twist on everyone’s favorite go to sandwich. Fun, Fun Idea!! You can make this really simple and make a sweet grilled cheese or jazz it up by garnishing it with whip cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and it’s ready for your fancy dinner party!
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
¾ cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 slices of angel food cake, ¼ inch thick
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups of favorite fruit, sliced
· Preheat a pan on a medium heat.
· In a bowl, combine cream cheese and vanilla, until its smooth.
· Slowly add the powdered sugar, while mixing, until light and fluffy. Set aside.
· Lay out the slices of angel food cake. Spread a liberal amount of the cream mixture on 6 slices and add your favorite fruit. Cover with the remaining 6 slices.
· Spread each side of the sandwiches with butter.
· Put them on the hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Make sure its golden brown.
· Remove them to a cutting board. Slice each sandwich and enjoy or place on dessert plates and bling them up!!!