Here is another cupcake that we made for Cassie’s Bridal Shower. When we were brainstorming for the menu for the shower, this is what stood out! I love cupcakes with fresh fruit in the ingredients. The cupcake has the tartness of a fresh lemon and the sweet flavor of strawberries in the frosting! This is a standout recipe, it will be hard to just eat one!
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
¼ cup lemonade powder
1 cup milk
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, lemonade powder and lemon zest, and set aside.
- In the mixer, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each one and make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk and mix until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or if it bounces back from your touch.
- Cool completely.
2 sticks of butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup strawberry puree
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cream butter for 1 to 2 minutes
- Mix in the strawberries and lemon zest
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and continue scraping the sides of the bowl.