We had a Meet and Greet with Cassie’s boyfriends parents the other night and we decided that we needed to make something “yummy”! I love brownies but I’ve always thought the box brownie was good enough, until now! This is so moist and delicious. Our guests could tell that they were homemade.
1 cup butter
1 1/3 cups plus 1cup chocolate chips, divided
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup almonds (or you can use favorite nut)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan.
- Melt together the butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler or in a glass dish in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Make sure to stir in between intervals.
- Cool slightly and then stir in the eggs, vanilla and sugar into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the extra chocolate chips and nuts to the batter. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until your toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into squares.