Apple pie on a stick??? This is a fun way to serve pie to your family or guests at a party or a normal, every day dinner! Super easy and quick preparation but your guests will be talking about it for a long time!
Ingredients: Click here to print recipe:
Canola oil, for frying
1 bag caramel candies, unwrapped
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup seltzer water( we used S. Pellegrino, mineral water)
1 1/2 cups flour, plus 1/2 cup to dredge the apples
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
4 green apples, peeled and cored, cut into thirds
cinnamon and sugar mixed, for the garnish
- In a pot, heat enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 375 degrees or until a drop of water makes it sizzle.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the caramels, butterscotch chips., milk and vanilla. Cook, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, until well incorporated, melted, and smooth, about 8 to 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, seltzer, 1 1/2 cups of flour, and cream of tartar. Skewer the apples onto the sticks. Dredge the apples, first in 1/2 cup of flour, and then into the batter. Make sure the apples are coated well with the batter.
- Fry the apples, in batches, until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel. Dust the apples with the cinnamon sugar and serve with the caramel sauce and even a side of chocolate!