If you’ve ever wished of an apple pie dessert you can eat on the go, you must try our fun Apple Pie on a stick! Instead of in slices, this treat serves apple pie on a stick. Drizzle with or dunk in caramel sauce to make each bite taste like a caramel apple.
Apple pie on a stick??? This is a fun way to serve pie to your family or guests at a party or a normal, everyday dinner! Super easy and quick preparation but your guests will be talking about it for a long time!
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 bag caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seltzer water( we used S. Pellegrino, mineral water)
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus 1/2 cup to dredge the apples
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 green apples, peeled and cored, cut into thirds
- wooden sticks
- cinnamon and sugar mixed, for the garnish
- In a pot, heat enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 375 degrees or until a drop of water makes it sizzle.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the caramels, butterscotch chips., milk and vanilla. Cook, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, until well incorporated, melted, and smooth, about 8 to 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, seltzer, 1 1/2 cups of flour, and cream of tartar. Skewer the apples onto the sticks. Dredge the apples, first in 1/2 cup of flour, and then into the batter. Make sure the apples are coated well with the batter.
- Fry the apples, in batches, until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel. Dust the apples with the cinnamon sugar and serve with the caramel sauce and even a side of chocolate!
S’more Ice Cream Pie
Cinnamon Roll Dip
Banana Bread Bars