Young Women Personal Progress Activity Modesty! Once a month, I am in charge of a activity for the Young Women in my ward to focus on Personal Progress, so I want it to be special!
I try to take out reminders to the girls the night before our activity. I found these backstage passes at Oriental Trading Company for $12.75 per dozen. I have used these for my daughter, Andie’s birthday, before and the girls love them!
I created the invitation with the program Print Artist but you can use what you already have. The invitation is the size of a business card, and then I cut them out and put them in the necklace.
For our activity, we had a fashion show!! The girls walked the runway in their fabulous outfit, it was described by the other girls. We pointed out how important it is to be modest and our cute girls in our ward always seem to follow this.
I also brought some plastic tablecloths, garland, plastic string, scissors and tape, that I purchased from The Dollar Store. I divided them into small groups and they created a masterpiece for one of the group members to model. Its amazing how creative these girls are!
At the end of the fashion show I gave each girl a small tiara and reminded them that they are a daughter of God and he loves them!
I can’t have a activity without a treat!!! It had to be fancy since the girls are fashionistas!!
Caramel Apple Parfait
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
- Mix butter with the brown sugar and molasses until combined. Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and yogurt until it is blended well.
- Scrape the batter into a large non-stick baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or its springs back when touched. Let cool completely.
- 1 stick butter
- 8 large green apples- cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add apples and stir over high heat and until lightly browned and continue cooking until the apples become caramelized.
- Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick
- Place in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until gelatin dissolves
- Let cool but don’t allow it to set
- Whip the cream with the powder sugar, until slightly thick
- While beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream. Whip on high speed until stiff.
- The gelatin will make your whipping cream more stable and able withstand the heat.
Cut the cake into 6 inch square and place in the cup. Spoon a dollop of your favorite caramel topping into dessert cup over the cake. Layer 1 spoonful of apples, followed by the whip topping. Repeat the steps until the cup is full.
You will love this dessert! Looks fancy but you can simplify it. The cake is great on its own!!