I was SERIOUSLY craving Cafe Rio the other day and I love to cook these lovely recipes on Sunday, because you can cook the meat while your at church and the whole family is at home (except Jessica and her cute family). Some things need to be repeated over and over again because its soooooo addicting! The great thing about making Cafe Rio at home is there is LEFTOVERS!!!!! Yipee!!!
SWEET PORK BARBACOA
2lbs pork ( pork butt is the best)
3 cans of Coke (diet will not work)
1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 can diced green chiles
1 can enchilada sauce
1 cup brown sugar
- Place pork into a Ziploc bag to marinate, pour one can of Coke and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Marinade for 3 to 4 hours or even overnight. (Both will work.)
- Drain the marinade and put the pork, 1 can Coke, and garlic salt in the crock pot on high for 3 to 4 hours or 6 to 7 hours on low.
- Remove pork from crock pot, and drain the liquid. Shred the pork.
- Mix together in your blender, 1/2 cup of Coke, chiles, enchilada sauce and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Place shredded pork back in the crock pot, sauce and heat until the mixture is warmed.
CILANTRO LIME RICE
1 cup uncooked rice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lime juice
2 cups chicken broth
1 Tablespoon lime juice
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons sugar
- In a saucepan combine rice, oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low for 15 to 20 minutes, make sure rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine remaining lime juice, sugar and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice.
- In a large skillet, cook garlic and cumin in the olive oil on a medium heat. You will be able to smell it when its ready. Add the beans, tomato juice and salt.
- Stir continually until its heated all the way through. Add the cilantro just before its served.
1 packet of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix
1 c. Mayo
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 jalapeno (with ribs and seeds removed if you don’t like the heat!)
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime (juiced)
- Mix all the ingredients in your blender.
- Make it ahead of time to give the ingredients a chance to marry.