Deep Dish Fruit Pizza! Sugar cookie crust, fluffy cream “sauce” and a beautiful assortment of fruit. Roll it thin into two pizzas or press it all into a sheet pan for a thicker, deep dish dessert.
We had a family lunch this afternoon to celebrate several special birthdays. Since we had so much fruit left over after the shower yesterday, we had to come with a recipe that we could use the fruit before it went bad. This is such a quick and easy recipe and you will love it! So fresh and great for any family celebration.
1 1/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons milk
4 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 jar (13 ounce) Marshmallow Creme
2 packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups cool whip
Your favorite fruit, anything goes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Mix the milk in the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend this into the cream mixture. Cover with wax paper and refrigerate for one hour.
- Press dough into a sheet cake pan .
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden brown, not overly crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whip together marshmallow creme, cream cheese and cool whip until light and fluffy. Spread onto the cooled crust, then decorate the top with your sliced fruit.
This was a pleasant surprise!! Enjoy!!!!