My husband worked away from home for 2 years in Iowa and when he got home, all he could talk about was homemade Twix bars. We finally decided to try them and they are delicious!!! Here is the quick and easy recipe.
1 cup graham crackers, crushed
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 white sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Layer the Club crackers in a 13×9 pan.
- In a saucepan, combine the caramel filling ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, continue to stir and boil for about 5 minutes. The mixture will be caramel like and pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Pour over the crackers,be careful its hot!
- Immediately top with another layer of Club crackers, pressing down slightly
- Place in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small bowl. Microwave on 50% for 1 minute.
- Stir well and smooth on the top layer.
I put them in the freezer for 30 minutes and they cut into squares easily.