Homemade Twix Bars
My husband worked away from home for 2 years in Iowa and when he got home, all he could talk about was homemade Twix bars. We finally decided to try them and they are delicious!!! Here is a quick and easy recipe.
1 cup graham crackers, crushed
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 white sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Layer the Club crackers in a 13×9 pan.
- In a saucepan, combine the caramel filling ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, continue to stir and boil for about 5 minutes. The mixture will be caramel-like and pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Pour over the crackers, be careful its hot!
- Immediately top with another layer of Club crackers, pressing down slightly
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small bowl. Microwave on 50% for 1 minute.
- Stir well and smooth on the top layer.
I put them in the freezer for 30 minutes and they cut into squares easily.