We try to Dutch Oven cook a few times every summer and we let our family decide what we are going to eat and this is always at the top of the list! Yes! Its taste as good as it looks!
There is something about cooking in a Dutch Oven that gives your food a little more taste and goodness. Its not hard to cook in the Dutch Oven, it just takes patience. We you haven’t tried, trust me, it will become a new family tradition.
5 pound bag yellow potatoes, cubed
1 pound bacon, chopped
1 whole yellow onion, chopped
1 stick of butter, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Light briquettes, so they can heat up and be ready.
- Set your Dutch Oven on 10 warm briquettes and put butter on the bottom of the oven to melt.
- Add the potatoes, bacon, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir ingredients.
- Put lid on Dutch oven and place 10 briquettes on top(make sure to spread them out).
- Let the potatoes cook for about an hour. Checking every once in a while.
- When potatoes are soft, add cheese and let cook until it is melted.
Note: Depending on the weather(wind, temperature) you might have to increase or decrease the amount of briquettes that you use.