My husband loves to make sugar cookies and decided he was on a quest to make the very best! He made sure it had all the right ingredients, as well as the right cooking time.
These sugar cookies had wafer paper on them. We ordered them from Fancy Flour. We cut them out with scissors and they stick better to the cookies if they have tons of icing. The wafer paper doesn’t taste that great but its a show stopper!
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 cups flour, sifted
1. Dissolve baking soda and salt in Sour cream
2. Mix butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix in Sour cream mixture.
5. Slowly add flour, and mix well.
6. Chill for at least one hour.
7. Roll out and cut with your favorite shapes (Be sure not to roll too thin).
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. ( My husband cooks his 8 minutes and 20 seconds)
Cream Cheese icing is the best on these cookies!!!!
1 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups powder sugar (add to desire consistency)
Combine all ingredients and mix until fluffy!