Make this delicious cinnamon swirl banana cake today! It will make your whole home smell delicious! It’s moist and full of delicious flavor!
You know how it goes…You buy bananas with the best intentions of eating them exactly when they’re at the peak of ripeness, but you fail. So then you have no choice but to let them get brown and gross looking so you can make some type of banana bread. Happens almost once a month at my house… My kids love it though, because we love banana bread!
I wanted to try something different this time, instead of plain banana bread, so we added a cinnamon crumble to the top, and then we had to drizzle it with some delicious frosting! It was the most delicious cake I’ve ever made, and I justified making it for breakfast because it has bananas in it! YAY!
This cinnamon swirl banana cake would be perfect for Christmas morning or for a fun dessert any time of the week! Or you could justify making it for breakfast like I did! No judgement here my friends!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 small bananas, brown and ripe
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Beat bananas, butter and sugar together until fluffy, add one egg at a time, then mix in dry ingredients and milk alternately until combined. Add vanilla. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan that has been greased. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Then cut the butter into the flour mixture until small pea-sized balls form. Try to not to use your hands because it will warm the butter. You can use a fork or a pastry cutter.
- Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Prepare glaze by whisking powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together. Drizzle over hot cake and serve.