Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Want to make your family happy? Make this delicious chicken and stuffing casserole! It’s the perfect easy family meal for a busy weeknight dinner that everyone will love!
I’m a lover of stuffing! It’s the ultimate comfort food for me. Who says you can only have stuffing around the holidays? This is the perfect dish for any occasion. It takes under an hour from prep to table, and it’s plum full of creamy goodness.
TIPS AND TRICKS
CHICKEN: I always use a rotisserie chicken when I make a casserole. It just spends up the process so much. But if you don’t have that available, you can use leftover chicken or turkey.
STUFFING: Prepare your stuffing first, so it’s ready when you need it.
VEGGIES: If you don’t have the veggies we suggest add what you have on hand or what your family loves.
STORAGE: This is one of those recipes that tastes even better the next day! Cover with foil and it should stay good for up 2 to 3 days. It’s a great freezer meal! Place it in an airtight container and it should be good for up to 3 months.
- 2 sticks. butter, divided
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped carrot
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 c. flour
- 6 c. chicken broth, divided
- 4 1/2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tsps. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 6-oz. packages Savory Herb flavored stuffing mix
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, melt 1 stick of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery, and cook until the vegetables are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetable mixture and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in 4 cups of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat medium-low. Simmer, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the chicken, peas, cream, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Return to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and pour in the chicken mixture. Place the remaining stick of butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 1 minute to melt. Stir in the stuffing mix, remaining 2 cups of chicken broth, and the parsley. Let stand 2 minutes or until the stuffing mix has absorbed the broth.
- Top the chicken mixture evenly with the stuffing mixture. Bake until golden brown on top and bubbly around the edges, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
Did you try our chicken and stuffing casserole recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
I LOVE ME SOME CHICKEN!
Looking for a recipe that the whole will eat? Here it is! Loaded Chicken Biscuits are so simple to make but good enough that your pickiest eater will give YOU the “Best Mom” award.
Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken is seriously the best bbq chicken sandwich ever!
How can you go wrong when you have Fried Chicken, Street Corn in a taco? Oh did I mention that it’s topped off with Jalapeno Lime Ranch? You’re Welcome!