Baked Feta Pasta
You can’t get any easier than this recipe for dinner! An oven roasted block of feta cheese with cherry tomatoes create the perfect sauce for your favorite pasta! It’s a hit on Tik Tok!
I’m like everyone else, I get sucked into the TikTok recipes and wonder how they made them! After seeing his one a zillion times, I decided it was time to recreate it!
TIPS AND TRICKS
TOMATOES: If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, that’s fine, you can dice some nice fresh tomatoes. It’s the optics of the bursting tomatoes tha make the cherry tomatoes optimal.
BLOCK CHEESE: For best results, use the block cheese. You won’t believe the smell that fills your house while this is cooking. Yum!
PASTA: Use whatever is in your cupboard. I like to use pasta with lots of grooves to catch the sauce.
- 2 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 5 or 6 green onions, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8-oz.) block feta
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 10 oz. pasta
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, green onions, garlic, and all but 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss to combine.
- Place feta into center of tomato mixture and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- To pan with tomatoes and feta, add chicken and cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, and lemon zest (if using) and stir until combined. Garnish with basil.
Baked Feta Pasta
Did you try our Baked Feta Pasta recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
PASTA LOVERS UNITE
Cheesesteak pasta is as good as it looks! This one pot wonder is ready in 30 minutes. Rich, and creamy pasta is packed with so much flavor!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is a winner, winner with its creamy, delicious Cajun sauce and bites of pasta and juicy chicken. It’s the perfect 30 minute dish!
Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! I’m not a straight marinara sauce lover, but I have found if I put a little cream into the sauce, I’m as happy as a clam!
The other night, we were making dinner and this is what we came up with, Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! We used the tomatoes that we had bottled last Fall and we had the rest of the ingredients in the pantry. A win, win!