This classic Gingerbread Cake recipe is the perfect dessert for any Holiday gathering. This divine cake is full of flavor from the cinnamon to the molasses. It will not disappoint!
We are all so busy around the holidays with normal life, topped with holiday activities! Shoot, I don’t have any little kids at home but I have something everyday this week! If you have kids at home, the holidays are plum full!
Right now, I want to think about how many parties that you have on your calendar this month. A handful? Every day is busy? Whatever it is, this is a cake that will make your life easier. It can be made in minutes for that potluck dinner you forgot about or even a perfect neighbor gift.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Make sure to grease the pan well. If you grease well, the cake should pop right out when its done.
- Preheat the oven and make sure you center your cake in the oven. Your cake will cook more evenly.
- Check your cake frequently. Since all ovens cook differently, my cook time could be different from yours.
- Let your cake to cool for an hour. This way your cake will keep it’s shape better and be easier to serve.
- You can serve your cake with whipped cream or ice cream.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup molasses (not blackstrap)
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. ( or you can line it with parchment paper)
- In a large bowl beat egg with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in egg, then mix in molasses until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt into a large bowl. Gradually add dry ingredients to the molasses mixture, mixing after each addition until incorporated. Mix in water until smooth. Pour cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake; it should come out clean. If it does, remove cake from the oven; if not, bake 15 to 30 more minutes, checking often for doneness.
- Allow gingerbread to cool in the pan before serving.
Did you try our Gingerbread Cake recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
It’s time to do Christmas stuff now, right? Hot Cocoa Cinnamon-less Rolls are so so good!
No bake peppermint cheesecake is perfect dessert for Christmas! The cheesecake that doesn’t need to be baked. It’s fluffy and creamy from the whipped cream and a little sassy from the peppermint. It will be a hit at any gathering!