Best Sandwich Bread
This is the Best Sandwich Bread recipe ever. It’s easy and tastes so good!
I don’t know about you but if I’m going to eat bread it’s got to be worth my calories! This is the recipe I use for both wheat and white bread! Sawyer likes the wheat bread like me! I just replace some of the flour in the recipe with wheat flour to make the wheat.
Just know the more you add the the more dense it will be but I do about 2/3rds wheat flour when I make wheat bread. Also, sometimes it requires a little more flour to reach the correct consistency, sticky dough but not to the point that it sticks to your fingers!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 c. milk, scalded then cooled to room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 6-7 c. Bread Flour- for wheat do 4 cups wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. honey
- In a mixing bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Let the yeast get bubbly.
- Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Allow cooling slightly.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside.
- Add the sugar, honey, milk, and 3 1/2 c. flour to the yeast mixture. Beat together for two minutes.
- Add butter, eggs, and salt. Stir well.
- Add the rest of the flour a half a cup at a time until the dough begins to separate from the sides of the bowl. Let it rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Knead the dough in the bowl for 5 minutes. If the dough seems sticky to you add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it reaches a good consistency. Sticky but not dough not staying on your fingers
- Remove dough from the bowl and grease the inside of the bowl.
- Place the dough back in the bowl and flip it around till the entire outside is nice and shiny with the oil.
- Loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to double in size, which takes a little over an hour and sometimes longer in my cold house.
- Once the dough has doubled, smash it down with your fists for about a minute.
- Form dough into loaves and place in the bread pan and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to double in size
again (about 2 hours). Or put in the fridge overnight. Then pull out of the fridge and let warm to room temperature for an hour or 2.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes,
or until golden brown. Immediately rub the tops with a little bit of butter for
that fabulous shine. Enjoy!
Did you try our Best Sandwich Bread recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
BREAD RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
Honey White Bread! When we buy store bought bread, we don’t eat it and it goes bad. I actually love to bake bread, this honey white bread is the perfect sandwich bread! The boys loved it!
This is my Sourdough Bread recipe, aka, my most successful sourdough recipe.
Do you love bread? But you are on a Keto Diet? Never fear, we have you covered! This easy keto bread will help you not feel like your missing out.