Baked Raspberry French Toast
Make your mornings special occasion every day with this easy Baked Raspberry French Toast Casserole. It has everything you love about traditional French Toast, and is baked all in one pan!
We always make French Toast casserole for Christmas morning but lately I have realized that it would be good for any morning routine. You can make it the night before and then put it in the oven while you are getting kids ready for school. Trust me, there won’t be any left after breakfast!
I’m telling you right now that this French Toast Casserole is so good, you may find yourself wanting it for not only breakfast, but also for your lunch, midday snack, dinner, and dessert as well!
WHICH BREAD IS BEST FOR FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE?
In this recipe you use Hawaiian rolls but you could use any slider size rolls, and it’s best if the bread is dry and not too soft. This allows it to soak up the yummy sauce from the casserole better and prevents the the rolls from becoming too soggy.
CAN FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE BE FROZEN?
Yes! Make the casserole in a freezer safe baking dish (such as a disposable aluminum foil pan) and bake as directed, then allow it to cool completely. Wrap in both plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for up to three months. Allow the casserole to defrost completely in the refrigerator for roughly 24 hours before baking. Reheat the casserole, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with butter.
- Add the butter to the bowl and whip on medium speed for 1 minute. With the mixer running, slowly pour in the maple syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla and whip until completely combined. Transfer to a serving bowl and reserve.
- Keep the rolls intact and slice across the equator to create 1 large top and 1 large bottom roll. Place the bottom roll in the baking dish, then spread with 4 tablespoons of the maple butter. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and half of the raspberries and top with the top roll.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Pour the mixture over the rolls. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil, then continue to bake until golden brown, about 10 more minutes.
- Arrange scoops of the maple butter on top and sprinkle with the bacon and remaining raspberries. Serve with additional maple syrup.
Did you try our Baked Raspberry French Toast? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
2 thoughts on “Easy Baked Raspberry French Toast”
Oh yum! This sounds delicious!!
It really is!!