Baked Brioche French Toast
Decant, brioche makes the perfect foundation for French toast. Topped with fresh berries syrup drizzle. This Baked Brioche French Toast makes a beautiful centerpiece for any breakfast.
If you have a crowd for breakfast or even dinner, overnight French toast is a winning idea. Instead of standing over the stove, cooking slice after slice, it bakes in the oven and emerges puffed and golden and ready to eat. When this dish came out of the oven, Cooper asked me if it was going to taste as good as it looked. I’m happy to report, YES!!
- 3/4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup part-skim or whole-milk ricotta
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 loaves day-old brioche bread slices
- RASPBERRY SYRUP
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside. In a large bowl, add the milk,heavy cream, ricotta, vanilla, salt, eggs and lemon juice.
- Whisk to combine and set aside. Pour the melted butter in a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish. Dip each slice of bread lightly in the egg mixture, sprinkle some of the spices on each slice and shingle the bread in the casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture on top of the bread and then pour the remaining sugar mixture on top. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the casserole for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the custard is set and the bread is golden brown, an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the raspberries, sugar, and water to a small pan. Cook over medium heat until the berries burst and thicken and the sauce begins to bubble, about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, spoon the raspberries over the center of the casserole and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Did you try our Baked Brioche French Toast Recipe? What did you think? Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!