This one pot easy pumpkin chili is ready in 30 minutes! It’s a hearty, comforting, healthy and a dish that everyone will love, even the kids!
When Fall is in the air, that means it’s time for chili! I make chili at least once a week in the Fall and Winter months. My Lisa would request it even more but I try to mix it up a little.
When I heard about pumpkin in chili, I was a skeptic. Would you taste the pumpkin too much? Would anyone in my family even try it? I’m here to tell you that you will absolutely love this!
The pumpkin adds a creamy, smooth texture to the chili and I couldn’t even taste the pumpkin.
Mix it Up
Have fun with this recipe! You can use a different bean instead of the pinto bean. If you don’t have a bell pepper, that’s fine, you can use celery to add a crunch! If you stay with the base of this chili including the spices, onion, garlic, broth, pumpkin, and diced tomatoes– you can really add what you want.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1–2 cups chicken broth (depending on how thick you want it)
- Heat large stock pot or Dutch oven on stove. Add butter when warm.
- Add in onion, jalapeno, and pepper and let sauté for a few minutes until slightly soft.
- Add in garlic and let cook for one more minute.
- Add in ground turkey, breaking it up and cooking until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in your pumpkin, beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Mix all spices in a little bowl and then add into your chili mixture.
- Pour in three cups of chicken broth.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat.
- Serve! Add cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt, jalapenos or any other toppings you desire.
Did you try this pumpkin chili? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram.
This Award Winning Hot Wing Chili features all the flavors of your favorite finger food in spicy chili. It’s a healthy, hearty way to enjoy buffalo wings in a new way!
This Creamy White Chicken Chili recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make, and it’s full of the most delicious, creamy, comforting flavors.
My son, Ben, has been on a quest to find the best Chili Verde recipe. Ever since Ben was in high school, it was a tradition for my boys to go to Los Amigos in Payson, for male bonding and to feast on their delicious Chili Verde.
The boys have raved about this for years!!! Now that we are cooking all the time for the blog, it was time for us to come up with the perfect Chili Verde!! I think we have succeeded!