Bug Week Days 3-4-5
Be watching for picture updates on Bug Week Days 3-4-5, here is a little more detailed information on what we did! I really hope you guys can do this stuff because it’s been a hit with Grey and my nieces so far!
Bug Day 3
- Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Story: Kids choice – Pretty much we have ended up reading 2 or 3 books a day anyways
- Etymologist Lesson – We have downloaded Marco Polo Learning app, you should look it up. It’s fantastic. They talk about how they catch bugs by digging a hole and putting a cup in it to catch bugs overnight and then in the morning they go and look at what they caught. We’re doing that for our bug hunt on Thursday.
- Cut, color/Make Spiders and butterflies – Arts and crafts, paper, paper plates and pipe cleaners.
- Dot # match – Write the numbers 1 – 10 on a piece of paper with boxes and then also write the numbers on sale stickers and then have the kids put the numbers in the squares on the paper. Look for a picture. On the paper that goes on the wall put dots in each square so they have to count to match the stickers.
Bug Day 4
- Song: I guess I’ll go eat worms
- Story: Wiggling worms at work
- Bug Hunt – We bought a bug hunting kit on amazon.
- Worm Lesson and Function
- Trace Letters – Just write the letters and have the kids trace them.
Bug Day 5
- Song: All of the songs we learned this week
- Story: Little Blue Truck
- Butterfly Garden – We bought a butterfly garden on Insect Lore. I wanted to do this at the beginning of the week but I ordered too late and they caterpillars are just eating and getting fat and getting ready to turn into cocoons, so if you are going to do this, order earlier than I did.
- Sidewalk chalk – Draw Pictures and play hop scotch.
- Dig Frozen bugs
2 thoughts on “Bug Week Days 3-4-5”
This all looks so great and makes learning about nature that much fun! It’s funny how we are fascinated by bugs as children but run in the opposite direction as adults! Sim x