Bug Week Days 3-4-5
Be watching for picture updates on Bug Week Days 3-4-5, here is a little more detailed information on what we did! I really hope you guys can do this stuff because it’s been a hit with Grey and my nieces so far!
Bug Day 3
- Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Story: Kids choice – Pretty much we have ended up reading 2 or 3 books a day anyways
- Etymologist Lesson – We have downloaded Marco Polo Learning app, you should look it up. It’s fantastic. They talk about how they catch bugs by digging a hole and putting a cup in it to catch bugs overnight and then in the morning they go and look at what they caught. We’re doing that for our bug hunt on Thursday.
- Cut, color/Make Spiders and butterflies – Arts and crafts, paper, paper plates and pipe cleaners.
- Dot # match – Write the numbers 1 – 10 on a piece of paper with boxes and then also write the numbers on sale stickers and then have the kids put the numbers in the squares on the paper. Look for a picture. On the paper that goes on the wall put dots in each square so they have to count to match the stickers.
Bug Day 4
Bug Day 5
- Song: All of the songs we learned this week
- Story: Little Blue Truck
- Butterfly Garden – We bought a butterfly garden on Insect Lore. I wanted to do this at the beginning of the week but I ordered too late and they caterpillars are just eating and getting fat and getting ready to turn into cocoons, so if you are going to do this, order earlier than I did.
- Sidewalk chalk – Draw Pictures and play hop scotch.
- Dig Frozen bugs