Bug Week Day 1 and Day 2
Summer Preschool: Bug Week Day 1 and Day 2 were a success so far! Today, I’m posting more pictures and links to songs and videos we are watching.
Below are the day 1 and 2, and there is more in depth and links to the songs we use and some cute pictures to show the activities.
Bug Day 1
- Song: Baby Bumblebee
- Story: The Gruffalo
- What is the purpose of Bugs? Insects, Educational Videos for Kids
- Name Spelling with Dots – Adapted from Busy Toddler – You write the child’s name on butcher paper and have them pull off sale stickers and put them on their name. Works on spelling and fine motor skills.
- How are fossils made? Make bug fossils with Playdoh – Look for pictures.
- Watch “A Bugs Life,” if you have time and want to, they actually use a lot terms.
Bug Day 2
- Song; Ants Go Marching
- Story: Cuddle Bug
- Learn about Ant Colonies, if you watched a bugs life then you have a good premise. Here is another video for you on ant colonies.
- Bug Rescue and Sorting – Put bugs in Play rice and have them dig the bugs out of the rice and then sort them by color or type of bug into different on paper, in cups or bowls and then count how many of each. I’m going to have them clean them with water and then place them on the matching paper.
- Run and Find Letters – Put different letters on post it notes around the room of the house and then have the kids draw a lowercase letter out of a bowl. Then they have to run and find the letter on the wall.
Did you try any of these ideas? Did your kids love them? Do you do something with your kids that works? We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below!