Smoked Spatchcock Chicken
Smoked food brings families together, Smoked Spatchcock Chicken is the only way to go!
We have absolutely loved our smoker, but we actually have also done this same recipe in our oven as well. The smoker gives the chicken flavor a little more depth but the oven can be just as good.
We do ours in the oven low and slow too. same temp as on the smoker and then turn it up the last 15 minutes to crisp up the skin. We have found a new kind of rubs that we love. Kinder has some of my most favorite flavors and they have a lot of options.
- Whole chicken (we used 4lb)
- 1 stick of melted butter
- Kinder’s Buttery steakhouse
- Preheat the smoker to 300 degrees.
- First, rinse off the chicken in cool water, inside and out. Then pat dry. Take kitchen shears and cut along the backbone on both sides and remove the vertebrae. Then flip overspreading the chicken out as much as you can. Then press on the breast as if you are giving the chicken CPR. After that then the breast should be at the same level as the thighs.
- Then season the bottom of the chicken with Kinder’s and flip it over. Take an injector and inject butter into all of the meat of the chicken. Using the leftover butter to rub on the outside of the skin. Next, season all over the bird, don’t miss any of the crevasses. After you have seasoned the birds tuck the wings under the breast so they don’t burn.
- Put on a cookie sheet and then take outside and put on the smoker. Cook until the breast reaches 165 degrees and the thighs to 175 degrees. It took ours 2 hours and then we kicked up the temperature to 400 degrees to crisp up the skin for the last 15 minutes.
This Tuscan Chicken and Potatoes Casserole is an extremely satisfying dish. Crispy chicken and potatoes with spinach, baby tomatoes, and crispy bacon, all smothered in a creamy Parmesan sauce. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
Whole Roasted Chicken is an easy dinner that takes very little effort. I prepped mine the night before and then threw it in the oven when I got home from school.
This peri peri chicken recipe smothers chicken in a homemade peri peri sauce then bakes or grills them and serves them with extra sauce. It’s a quick and easy weeknight meal.