Fresh garden tomatoes are my favorite, especially when you can make salsa! Homemade Salsa and chips are the best appetizers!
Chips and homemade salsa are our favorite snacks. We love to make all the homemade things at our house.
When we had some garden tomatoes up for grabs we took them and made homemade salsa and marinara. Then we saved some to make BLT’s, which is the best!
- 15 oz of green chili’s
- 1 (15 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, don’t drain juices
- 1/2 jalapeno, cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- This is easiest to do in a food processor but you can use a blender too.
- Place jalapeno and onion into the food processor.
- Process it for a few seconds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse all for just a few more seconds, keeping it slightly chunky (not a puree).
- Put into a bowl with a lid and chill in the fridge for several hours or overnight is even better.