Need an appetizer or an easy dinner? Taco Breadsticks are a winner.
I’m the picky one in our family when it comes to food. Matt loves himself some ground beef tacos. I have never been a fan, but when you get married you compromise, right?
We eat them maybe every 3 months. I mean I just prefer shredded beef, chicken, or even pork tacos. I don’t think that’s so wrong, but Matt insists on ground beef tacos every once in a while. I’ve been getting creative with it as of late and Matt said that he really actually loved this twist.
- Taco Bell Original Mild taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- pizza dough rolled out into a rectangle
- Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook the onions and garlic until transparent on medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off the grease. Then add the taco seasoning and follow the directions on the package.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a floured surface, cut the pizza dough into 5 strips and place the beef mixture down the middle of the strips. Sprinkle cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Fold and pinch the dough sides and ends, enclosing the meat and cheese.
- Brush each breadstick with butter and transfer it to the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and top each breadstick with more cheese. Then bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Dip in salsa and sour cream.
2 thoughts on “Yummy Taco Breadsticks”
Oooo, that looks like a fun and delicious twist! Yum. Pinning. 🙂