Steak and Everything Stuffed Peppers
Homestyle Steak and Everything Stuffed Peppers! Do I need to say more? Bell peppers are loaded with seasoned beef, mushrooms, and onions, then they’re and finished with provolone cheese and baked until perfectly tender, and they are so nutritious! It’s a delicious dinner in one that you’ll want to on regular rotation!
I am a sucker for a good cheesesteak sandwich, but sometimes they can be a little carb-heavy with all that bread. These Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers have the same flavors but without the carbs! Stuffed peppers always make for a great meal, and this version is loaded with cheese, steak, mushrooms, and onions.
A cheesesteak isn’t complete without plenty of cheese! Each pepper gets a double dose of provolone cheese for maximum flavor. The peppers take a quick trip under the broiler to get all that cheese melted and browned. A little sprinkling of parsley and you’ve got meaty, cheesy perfection.
- 4 bell peppers, halved
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 16 oz.mushrooms, sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. Beef stew meat, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 slices provolone
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325º. Place peppers in a large baking dish and bake until tender, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add steak and season with more salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Add provolone to bottom of baked peppers and top with steak mixture. Top with another piece of provolone and broil until golden, 3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Do you love this recipe? We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below!
quick dinner recipes!
Perfectly seasoned, melt-in-your-mouth tender steak with potatoes and broccoli. All made on 1 single sheet pan! EASY CLEANUP!
Can’t get enough of your favorite Greek restaurant’s gyros? Try this quick and easy chicken gyro recipe for something just as delicious, but far better for you! Marinated chicken tenders, packed with flavor from warm spices, and loaded into a pita wrap with homemade creamy cucumber sauce and all the fixings you love!
So so easy to make for a crowd! The mini croissants are toasted and flaky, baked with Dijon-honey, buttery goodness. WHOA.