BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR DONUTS
Baked cinnamon sugar donuts will be your new favorite. They are pillowy soft and so delicious, you will have to hide them or they will all be gone in minutes.
Who loves donuts?
I have fallen in love with baked donuts! You don’t have grease splattered all over the kitchen. You simply place them in the oven and your all time favorite in minutes.
Donuts are so great for so many occasions. I love them for breakfast, dessert, after school snack and perfect for a party!
When I decided to make these little gems, of course, I jumped on Amazon and ordered a couple of pans. Not that expensive, which is good, I have been wanting to make these for a long time. If you don’t have a donut pan you can always use a mini muffin pan and make donut holes, which is just as tasty.
Can you imagine your family waking up in the morning and seeing that you have made fresh donuts? Mind is blown.
I always know I have found a perfect recipe when my husband can’t keep his hands off the donuts.
baked cinnamon sugar donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Set aside. Combine the egg, brown sugar, milk, and yogurt together until smooth. Add the melted butter and vanilla, mix until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon the batter into a large zipped-top bag for ease. Cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and pipe the batter into each donut cup, filling 2 ∕ 3 –3 ∕ 4 of the way full.
- Bake for 9–10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for about two minutes and transfer to a wire rack set on a large piece of parchment paper or on a large baking sheet. Allow donuts to cool down until you can handle them.
- Top the donuts: Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Dip the donuts in the melted butter, then dunk into the cinnamon sugar mixture coating all sides. Donuts are best served immediately.
Did you try our BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR DONUTS recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
You can throw this together in minutes and have everyone loving you forever for making this yummy gooey goodness!
Raspberry Lemonade Bars are the perfect mix of sweet richness, real fruit & bursting with real raspberry flavor throughout. They are an easy, delicious, and luscious bar! a dessert that everyone is sure to devour!
This Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Dip is a decadent, crazy simple dessert or breakfast! It only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!