Roasted Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables Freezer Meal
Roasted Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables Freezer Meal is a delicious quick and easy freezer meal.
We’re getting down to crunch time. I know we still have 6 weeks left but last time I felt totally blind-sided when we had Grey 2 weeks early. My water broke on the day of my family’s baby shower for him. My house was a mess, I had nothing packed. I was not ready.
With this baby, I am determined to be ready to go. I am nearly finished with my long term sub plans, which FYI is harder than you’d think. I have organized nearly every room in the house. Now I just need to finish up the nursery for the new baby boy.
Now I want to have a few freezer meals ready to go so that we can relax and just enjoy the whole thing. Yesterday, I made 6 freezer meals in an hour, I chose recipes to make that are easy because I am literally exhausted every day right now.
Also, recipes I know that we’ll love and can enjoy some leftovers. Roasted chicken drumsticks and vegetables are absolutely delicious when it cooks all up.
- 6 bone-in chicken drumsticks
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place chicken and vegetables in a 9×13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil sprinkle with herbs and salt, and toss to coat.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap pushing out as much air as possible and then cover with foil; freeze until ready to bake.
- When ready to bake thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cover and bake in the 375-degree oven for 1 hour. Check the chicken make sure it’s cooked through. Return to the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.