Baked Pineapple Chicken
Aloha! Baked pineapple chicken gives you the feeling of eating Hawaiian pizza vibes (without the ham). There are so many flavor combinations of savory and sweet, you’ll forget that your not at a luau!
I’m always looking for new recipes that will spice up my routine! Let’s face it, you won’t add a new recipe to your favorite go to’s unless it’s easy! Oh yes, baby, this is so easy and so good!
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 pineapple rounds
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken on top side until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle all over with seasoning mixture.
- Sprinkle tops of chicken with 1 cup mozzarella and most of Parmesan. Arrange a pineapple round on top of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is melty and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with red onion and parsley before serving.