We are finally getting healthy again around our house. It’s seriously been over 3 weeks of coughing and not being able to breathe. One of the hardest things, when you’re sick, is to eat.
You know you should because it will help you get better but you can’t even taste your food! Thankfully, we are past that and now we are craving our comfort foods in this cold January weather! I love soup! Especially when they are so easy to make!
This is so creamy and delicious! It has so many different layers of flavor that your mouth will be so happy! This has become one of our new family favorites!
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, I used my canned tomatoes
- 1 15 ounces can white beans, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 9 ounces tortellini
- 2 cups spinach
- In a stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, white beans, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring it to a simmer.
- Add the chicken, tortellini, and spinach. Let simmer for 10 to 11 minutes to thicken up and for the tortellini to cook completely.