Slow Cooker Bell Pepper Chicken
Still on a Christmas hangover? Need something warm in this cold weather? Slow Cooker Bell Pepper Chicken is easy and delicious!
I am still tired from yesterday! All the family parties, Christmas festivities, and Grey has been sick. We are pooped and just want to lay around all day and do nothing!
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden brown, 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large slow cooker combine potatoes, bell pepper, onion garlic, broth, cream, parmesan, butter, and spices. Season with salt and pepper, then place chicken on top.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 5 to 7 hours, until potatoes, are tender and chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and more parmesan.