With the holiday season here we’ve been testing out all different types of pie crusts. We feel like this is the perfect pie crust.
We especially love to bake in this house! I’ve been taught several different types of pie crust recipes. We love the flavor and flakiness of this one the best! So if you’re ambitious and want to make a pie crust that will perfectly compliment your filling, this is the perfect pie crust for you.
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablepoons ice water
- 2 cups of flour
- salt to taste
- 10 tablespoon cold butter, cubed
- First, whisk together the egg yolks and ice water.
- Put flour, salt and cold butter in a bowl. Then using your fingertips mix the butter and flour together, until it’s nice and crumbly. You want to use your fingertips because your palms are too warm and you want to keep the butter as cold as possible.
- Slowly add in the egg mixture until the dough comes together and holds together. The form into a disk about an inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put flour on the counter and roll out. Pinch together any large cracks. then put in your pie dish. Put in filling.
- Depending on the type of pie you’re doing will determine how long you bake and what temperature.