Lemon Garlic Smoked Chicken! We love our smoker so much! We use it all the time, Lisa says we smoke everything, which isn’t 100% accurate. We smoked a whole chicken last week and it was amazing! Try our Lemon Garlic Smoked Chicken!
We love to smoke everything on our YS640. This whole chicken was delicious immediately off the grill. Also, it made awesome leftovers, we have had sandwiches and salads. This chicken was delicious and super juicy!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 an onion cut in half
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic, 1 minced
- lemon seasoning
- dill seasoning
- Make sure your chicken is completely thawed. When you’re ready to cook, start the smoker and set it to 225 degrees F.
- While preheating, remove the chicken from the wrapper. Pat dry and remove all the guts out of the middle. Rub the chicken with the butter and the minced garlic.
- Put salt, pepper, dill and lemon seasoning on liberally to cover all over the chicken.
- Next stuff the cavity with 1 1/2 quartered lemons, onion and garlic cloves that are not minced. Tie the legs together.
- Place the chicken directly on the grill grate and smoke for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes and then carve! Enjoy!