Oreo Cupcakes! Sometimes you just need a good Oreo cupcakes to make it through the week!
These are one of my most favorite recipes of all time. Nothing hits the spot like one of these bad boys. Except you should only eat one because they are super-rich.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups chopped Oreos
- 12 Oreo’s separated in half
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 2 blocks of 8 oz Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 to 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 12 Oreos, crushed for topping (optional)
- 12 Oreo’s cut in half for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and place half of an Oreo at the bottom of each one, frosting side up.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, butter, egg whites, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until the eggs and butter are well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Next mix in the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Add half of the flour followed by the baking powder and the salt. Beat on low speed while pouring in half of the milk and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate.
- Finally, add the remaining flour, mix on a low speed. Add the remaining milk and beat until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir the batter from bottom to the top to ensure it’s well mixed. Slowly fold in chopped Oreos.
- Fill the cupcake liners until they are 2/3’s full. Don’t overfill.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness. Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add in the powdered sugar and the evaporated milk. Mix until smooth.
- Pipe on the frosting and then garnish with crushed Oreo’s and half Oreo in the frosting!