These are so fun! If you want a smoker meal that everyone will love, Barbecue Chicken Lollipops! Kids love this almost as much as the adults.
I love smoking! I love trying new things! This recipe was a hit and we loved it so much we almost made it again a week later. They were awesome in the beginning and even more awesome as leftovers. Barbecue chicken has always been one of my most favorite things! Give this a try!
- 12 drumsticks
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey Hog seasoning, by Meat Church
- Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Rinse and pat down your chicken. Using a very sharp knife, cut the tendons down right around the meat. Clearing all the tendons off the bone. Cut the bottom as well so your chicken will stand up.
- In bowl put your brown sugar, honey hog, and kosher salt. Blend together. Coat the chicken and then cover the bones with tinfoil. Then stand up in a tin pan. Allow to set with the seasoning on it for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your smoker to 300 degrees.
- Melt the butter and put in the bottom of the pan.
- Smoke at the 300 degrees for 2 hours. The chicken should be at 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Pull out of the smoker, dip in your favorite BBQ sauce. Stand up the chicken on a wire rack in the pan. Then continue to smoke for 30 minutes, until barbecue sauce is set. Chicken should get to 175 degrees internally.
- Serve warm.