Brisket is just too good and too expensive to waste. One thing you can do with the leftovers is Brisket Breakfast Burritos!
I am literally, the absolute worst, at eating leftovers. Ask Matthew, he will tell this is a fact. My dad bought a huge brisket, like 20 pounds after cutting off about five pounds worth of fat. We cooked the flat and the point separate. We had leftovers on the flat and I cut it up to make my burritos and Matt and I think they turned out pretty great!
- leftover brisket (I had 4 slices left)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 eggs (adjust according to how much leftover brisket)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 3 cups of mozzarella
- 18 medium taco tortillas
- Preheat pan to medium heat. Melt the butter in the skillet and add in the onion. Cook until onions are transparent.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Add into the skillet with the onions. Cook until the eggs are completely cooked. Pull the eggs out of the skillet and set aside.
- Heat a griddle to 350 degrees.
- Place eggs, chopped brisket and cheese in a tortilla. Using a brush, wet the tortilla to stick together. Then place on the griddle to brown and this also helps it stick together.
- Allow to cool completely and then wrap with tinfoil and label. I made too many eggs for mine so I did some ham ones with extra ham we had in the fridge. Then freeze. When you’re ready to eat unwrap from foil and microwave for one minute and 30 seconds.