Air Fried Beef Taquitos
Air Fried Beef Taquitos! I’ve wanted an air fryer for a while, but I wanted to try it before I bought one. Luckily my mother and father are in the middle of moving and they let me borrow theirs. Our first adventure was Air Fried Beef Taquitos.
This recipe was fairly easy and it made enough for us to eat and some to freeze and eat later. I’ve been trying to be more frugal and make what we need. I made these so we could have some left over for later.
We’ve been trying to make meals that make great leftovers. These turned out great and we can bake them and they are just as awesome they were to begin with. Like I said this is the first time using the air fryer so I let it cook a little too long before taking them out. I’m sure you will do better than me!
- 2.5 pounds of chuck roast
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- flour tortillas
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Dry rub the meat and sear the edges in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Place the meat and the remaining ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. When finished cooking pull the beef out of the crock pot and shred it.
- Place shredded meat and sprinkle a little cheese in the tortilla. Roll up tightly and place in the air fryer.
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until they are golden and crispy.