Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
This mouthwatering Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms recipe will please any of your guests from the guy who loves a big steak to those kids that you are trying to help eat healthier!
You will have to taste it to believe it! I love this product because it helps me make a quick, easy recipe, and while helping me and my family make healthier choices for our diet.
The holidays are upon us and we are all scrambling around to find the best holiday recipes for our next party! Personally, I have been trying to find the perfect recipe to complement our family Christmas Eve International pizza night! That’s right, we aren’t having the traditional meal! Would you expect us to? lol!
The crazy thing is that we love to have our “out of the box” experiences but we are always looking for a healthier way of doing that! I decided that I was going to make vegetarian stuffed mushrooms and wanted to try them out beforehand to make sure they would meet approval from my family!
Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles: Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles are flavored with our blend of bold southwest spices, adding a punch of flavor to chili, tacos, or mom’s famous sauce. With 8g of protein per serving, these crumbles are over-achievers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach, finely chopped and packed
- 1/2 cup pecans,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries,
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped and packed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter, stemmed
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat it to 375°F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Warm the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture softens and turns fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the spinach, pecans, and cranberries. Sauté for another 2 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Add 1/3 cup of the parsley, and the panko, and stir to combine. Turn off the heat. Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- To stuff the mushrooms, place them on the prepared baking sheet, tops down. Fill each mushroom cavity with about 1 tablespoon of the filling, or however much it can hold.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a knife. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the mushrooms cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the parsley and let cool for at least 3 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
What’s your favorite dish to make for the holidays?
28 thoughts on “Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms”
These came out looking amazing! I love stuffed mushrooms, and one of my resolutions for new years is to eat healthier and consume less meat so this would be perfect for me to make at home one night!
These look really good. I like the idea of vegetarian or vegan option for the holiday. I try to eat healthy when I can.
I’m not a mushroom person but these actually look like they are super tasty and really easy to make. We have been looking for healthier options for dinner.
I’m not a fan of mushrooms, but so many are. This is a great option to have for the holidays, and they are easy to make!
I’m a big fan of stuffed mushrooms! Especially with sausage! I like this alternative, and will have to try these!
I never used to like Mushrooms, now they are one of my favourite things to cook with. These look amazing. I love that you do international pizza night on Christmas Eve. We also don’t have a traditional meal on Christmas Eve, we usually Order tons of Chinese food or have a buffet of appetizers. I’ll be trying these out for sure.
Oooh, I so enjoy stuffed mushrooms! You recipe sounds so healthful and looks delicious. I’ll have to add it to my list of recipes to try soon!
Love mushrooms so I’d definitely give these a try! I have a stuffed mushroom recipe but not a vegetarian one so I’d have to make this!!
I would love this. I have to take an app to a party next week and these are the top contenders.
Those look amazing!! We love mushrooms and I’ve tried making stuffed mushrooms but it wasn’t a success at all. I’ll try your recipe next time. 🙂
I love stuffed mushrooms. Will have to give this one a try as I looks like someething I can definitely pull off at home
I am a vegetarian and this stuffed mushroom looks so delicious and perfect for my lifestyle. I will absolutely try this recipe this weekend. I am sure that I will love this so much.
I love morning star! Everything I’ve ever had is so yummy and delicious! I love stuffed mushrooms and these look so yummy!
That looks yummy! Also, this post reminds me that I have not even done anything in preparation for the holidays. Way too bus with my son’s school activities these days.
Christmas eve pizza night sounds amazing!! I’ve never tried morning star anything before, but these looks delicious, so I need to hunt it down! I’m very into eating better, but I do find it difficult because I love food and always think bad stuff tastes the best! I’m definitely going to try out these stuffed mushrooms if I can find morning star in my supermarket!
I’m the only mushroom lover in my house but these look so good.
I’m completely out of appetizer ideas for the people who are coming over this Christmas! I think this post is a blessing, I really appreciate the recipe! It looks SO good too!
Those look pretty yummy! No one in my family likes button mushrooms very much unfortunately. I like how you made some really huge ones! Great recipe.
I’m not exactly vegetarian but I’m trying my best to not eat any kind of meat and eat more veggies! I think this recipe is perfect for me!
I love morning star and this whole recipe is right up my alley. I’m definitely pinning this for later!
I’ve never had stuffed mushrooms, but these look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I’m such a fan of mushrooms. Love these for the holidays! And the recipe seems so simple 🙂
These look really good. It is so helpful to have a flavorful, vegetarian option for an appetizer that is different than the typical.
OMG these look amazing! I love stuffed mushroom. I have never tried this brand. I am going look for it the next time I go shopping.
These stuffed mushrooms look like they taste amazing! I have not had some of these in a long time.
I have a friend that is vegetarian and she would love this. I am definitely sharing with her!
Is it possible to make these ahead of time and where should you stop in the directions?
I have never freezed them before but I think they should be fine.