It’s Christmas time and peppermint is everywhere you look! These cookies were to die for! Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are the only holiday treat you are going to want!
Matt and I are always wanting to try new recipes! Let’s be honest I can not turn down chocolate. We were dying for a treat the other day but we didn’t want to leave the house, because it has been so cold outside. I know, it’s December, it’s supposed to be cold, right?! I think I was born to live where it’s warm. Maybe San Diego? Anyways, we had all of these ingredients in our house so we made up our own chocolate chip cookie! Give these a try because we loved them!
- 3/4 cups butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- crushed candy cane, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with rubber mats.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the mixer and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the rounded ice cream scoop on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 9 minutes. Or until edges are crisp. Allow to cool slightly on the cookie sheet. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.