Bomb Nachos! We only had 30 minutes to make dinner before we needed to leave again to go to mutual. Bomb Nachos is the name that we chose for these because they are the bomb.
In my post yesterday, I mentioned we are clearing out our remaining food. Trying to get rid of what we can before we move. I have been going through our food and trying to pick recipes for the food we already have on hand. Our goal is to only spend 30 dollars a week on our food. It is super hard for us. We really like to cook and try new things. This recipe we had everything on hand except for chips and tomatoes!
Have I mentioned that I am a picky eater? My new found love in Mexican is contingent on not having beans. I’ll be honest, I know I’m weird. Two things, I hate the flavor and the texture to me is just disgusting. Now that I have gotten that off my chest, we can move on.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 seasoning pack Ortega taco seasoning
- 8 oz original Velveeta cheese (use what ever kind you’d like)
- 2 cups Fiesta Cheese Blend
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Brown the ground beef. Drain. Then follow the seasoning package directions.
- Cut up the Velveeta cheese into little squares, then melt in with the seasoned meat. Continue to cook until Velveeta is completely melted.
- Top with fiesta blend cheese. Put in the oven until the cheese is melted and slightly brown on top.
- Put on top of the chips. Then top with tomatoes, scallions and sour cream. Or whatever your little heart desires!