My one-year-old Cooper is a busy body and I am constantly looking for new activities that will hold his attention for longer than a few seconds so I can actually get a few things done. Here are some of my favorite mess free ones!
1. Water Painting: Have your toddler paint on construction paper with water for a mess free “water color” picture!
2. Magnets: Gather any and every type of magnet and let them go! They will love pulling them apart and putting them back together.
3. Egg Carton Sorter: Save an egg carton and put interesting, choke free objects in it. As they get older you can help them sort the objects into like categories.
4. Paint in Ziploc: Put colored paint in a ziploc bag and secure it to their high chair or a table. Let them “finger paint” away!
5. Texture Balloons: Fill some balloons with sand, salt, cornstarch, marbles, Play Dough, rice, and gel. Be sure they are tied tight and then let your child experience the way each one feels.
6. Foam Ball n’ Straws: Stick a bunch of bendy straws in a foam ball from the craft store.
7. Velcro Sticks: Stick Velcro pieces to each side of many popsicle sticks and show them how to stick and pull them apart.
8. Glow Sticks: Get some glow sticks from the dollar store, dim the lights, and let them run-a-muck!
9. Music on the Phone: Turn on some music on your phone and let them carry it around.
10. Jewelry Box: Gather all your old jewelry, or any you wouldn’t mind getting chewed on, and let your kid feel all the textures. Show them how to put on and take off bracelets.
What do you do that’s mess-free??
Have a toddler?