Here is an easy dinner idea that makes life easier. I love bacon burgers and how can you go wrong with ranch? You can’t is the answer. Ranch Bacon Burger Casserole was so good and easy!
At our house especially with Parent-teacher conferences tonight, it’s all about what’s easy and still delicious. Dinner is getting hard to want to make because I’m hating the idea of having things I need to clean up. I’ve only wanted to make meals lately that don’t require a lot of dishes. I made this meal only using the one skillet and then I drained off the grease. It was awesome because I didn’t have a lot of dishes to do afterward. Also, it made fantastic leftovers, which we used for lunch for a couple of days because this meal is a little large for two people.
Just remember leftovers are saving you money. I have been trying to save money because of all of our new expenses and I have to remind myself that leftovers are keeping me from spending more money. I have this weird thing, where I will only eat certain leftovers. I’m doing better now that I have a goal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound pre-cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 (32oz) package tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- Pre-cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic until no longer pink. Drain off the excess fat. Add bacon to the meat.
- In a separate, large bowl, mix the cheddar cheese soup, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, ranch dressing mix, and milk. Blend until it looks like a thick sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Layer meat mixture, cheese layer, tater tots, soup mixture, and top with more cheese.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Check the middle to make sure it’s done before serving. We may have overdone the cheese a little to get everything cooked in the middle.