Rice Krispie Sunday Cones
Rice Krispie Sunday Cones! In our family, we love ice cream, but I get bored of eating it out of a regular old bowl. Matt and I decided we should make some ice cream cones, but all we had was stuff for Rice Krispie Treats.
We decided to make Rice Krispie Sunday Cones lined with chocolate like my favorite drumstick cones!
Today I was craving ice cream cones, we have monster cookie ice cream in the freezer. However, we didn’t have any cones, so my handsome hubby had the idea to make cones out of Rice Krispies since we had marshmallows and cereal.
Matt is quite the creative one and is always coming up with fun things for us to make which I love about him! I don’t think I could have found myself a more perfect match.
Anyways, we made the cones use apple beer bottles to shape them and they were so good. I love how easy it was and how quickly it all came together! Give these a try!
Rice Krispie Sunday Cones
Cone Ingredients (makes 4 monster cones or possibly 8+ smaller cones)
- 2 oz. (4 Tbsp.) Butter
- 10 oz. (~5 cups) Marshmallows
- 4 oz. (~4 cups) Rice Krispies Cereal
- Roughly half a bag of milk chocolate chips
- optional 2 tsp of butter or coconut oil
- Warm the skillet on medium heat. Add butter and melt, when the butter is fully melted, reduce the heat to medium-low and add marshmallows. Stir until one large marshmallow is formed then add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir the mixture until well combined and reduce heat to low to keep Rice Krispies from hardening. Butter a 10″ by 15″ pan and pour treats onto the pan and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the thin Rice Krispies to a non-stick silicon pad or butter countertop. Using a cone pattern (my husband used a bottle to make the cone shape).
- Butter whatever you will be using for shaping the cone, butter liberally as marshmallows are super sticky, wrap the Rice Krispies around the shaper/form, and form the cone. There will be some small holes in the cone but the chocolate will fill those holes. If you are worried about the holes when you are rolling the Rice Krispies just push hard on the rolling pin and smash the cereal, this will reduce the number of holes and their sizes.
- Once the cone is shaped to your liking, place the cone in the freezer and prepare the chocolate. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time, to make the chocolate lining for the cones. Add the butter or coconut oil to the melted chocolate and combine. Pour chocolate mixture into the cold cone, I used a mason jar to hold the cone, and cover the insides with a knife or even a straw : )
- Place in freezer zip lock bag and use when ready to eat. Add ice cream, soft or hard, and enjoy!!!
2 thoughts on “Fun Rice Krispie Sunday Cones”
great post. i like it. feeling great when reading your post
The cream looks delicious.