Orange Cheesecake Mousse! Back to the oranges! Orange is my favorite fruit and since we had an entire box we made a few desserts. Orange Cheesecake Mousse was to die for!
Spring is coming and fresh oranges are the best thing ever! I loved this dessert it really soothed my pregnancy cravings.
Yes, I know, I should eat more healthily, but baby wants what baby wants okay people! This was delicious so give it a try!
- 5 Graham Crackers
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of orange curd
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Pour in butter and stir until evenly moistened. Divide mixture among 8 – 10 dessert cups and lightly press into an even layer, set aside.
- Pour lemon juice and water into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over top, let rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whip heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add in 1/3 cup of the powdered sugar, and whip until stiff (but not lumpy) peaks form. In a separate large mixing bowl whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Mix lemon curd and remaining 2/3 cup powdered sugar into cream cheese mixture.
- Heat rested gelatin mixture in the microwave on high power for 30 seconds. Whisk for 1 minute to thoroughly dissolve gelatin, then let cool 3 minutes but no longer or it may start to set then you could end up with little lumps in the mousse.
- While mixing cream cheese mixture with a hand mixer, slowly pour in gelatin mixture then blend until thoroughly combined. Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture to lighten, then add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold until combined. Spoon or pipe mixture into dessert cups over the graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours (or up to 1 day ahead if desired) to set. Garnish as desired. Serve cold.