Reese’s Chocolate Cake
Reese’s Chocolate Cake! Everyone gives us Reese’s and I don’t know why? We decided to make a Reese’s Chocolate Cake today! It’s absolutely addicting!
When I crave something sweet I crave chocolate and the only thing that could possibly make it better is peanut butter! This chocolate cake is very rich so don’t eat too much alone!
Matt loves ice cream so of course we topped ours with ice cream and it kind of cuts through the richness of the cake and it makes the perfect combination! Reese’s have always been my favorite candy bar so it’s only fitting I would marry a Reese!
We loved this recipe and highly recommend that you make it yourself to see how you feel about it! Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream and the friends to share it with!
- 1 Chocolate Fudge Cake mix (make according to the box)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to the box. Pour into a greased 9×13 inch cake pan. Set aside, Don’t bake yet!
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, mix until smooth. Then add in powdered sugar about 1 cup at a time to keep the mixture smooth. Mix until completely incorporated then the mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Spoon Peanut butter mixture on top of uncooked chocolate cake. Then sprinkle chocolate chips and peanut butter cups over the top.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing and serving warm. You can top this with ice cream! Enjoy!